Submit an idea that will positively impact the lives of the people of the 15 APAC countries and beyond.
What’s your moonshot idea and innovation to a global grand challenge that leverages Artificial Intelligence and has a potential to impact a billion people in 10 years?
What moonshot idea and innovation would you develop to solve a global grand challenge (environment, energy, water, food, health, disaster resilience, governance, learning, space, security, prosperity, and shelter) using Artificial Intelligence that would impact the lives of a billion people in the next 10 years?
Taiwan Tech Arena (TTA) is seeking to identify the 15 APAC countries innovators with projects that can solve the main social problems and have the vision of positively impacting the lives of millions of people in the world through the creation of products, services and solutions with the use of AI technology.
The winner of the SingularityU APAC Global Impact Challenge will win a seat to attend SU’s Global Startup Program free of charge.
The GSP helps future-focused entrepreneurs transform radical ideas into tangible impact on a global scale. It’s a structured, immersive program offering startup-focused educational resources and world-class mentorship from SU’s faculty, staff, and industry experts—in a safe, nurturing environment. The program aims to scale startups into global businesses.
Before the Global Startup Program, the winner will access to the following 3 resources:
(1) An SU online course
(2) A ticket to one SU International Summit, including travel and accommodation
(3) Singularity University Co-working Space at SU HQ until the start of the Global Startup Program.
The additional winner(s) will also be awarded the following Special Awards:
l TTA Special Award: 4 teams
Sponsored by Taiwan Tech Arena (TTA), the winner will gain qualification as a TTA member and can access to TTA’s facilities for 3 months.
(Must be granted within 1 year after the January 1st, 2020)
Dates and Timeline
Applications open: July 24, 2019
Applications close: November 22, 2019
Announcement of Finalists: December 2, 2019
Workshop: December 12, 2019
Pitch event & Winner announced: December 13, 2019
Rules & Criteria
1. You must be at least 21 years of age at the time of application
2. You must be based in countries of the following 15 APAC countries: Brunei, Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Nepal, New Zealand, Pakistan, the Philippines, Russia, Singapore, Taiwan, and Vietnam.
3. You must be fluent in written and spoken English
4. You must be able to attend the entire SU’s Global Startup Program
5. Note: Selected winner(s) who will turn their ideas to viable projects must set up a legal entity in Taiwan within one year of winning the prize.
Who Should Apply
We look for people from all professional backgrounds, but will be really thrilled to find you if:
1. You're a founder of an idea-stage startup or an individual with a moonshot idea
2. You’re an accomplished entrepreneur, technologist, scientist, or change agent with expertise in your chosen field (s)
3. You’re already considering how to leverage exponential technologies to create positive impact in the world
4. You’re committed to the long-term journey of launching an impact-focused startup
We will evaluate submissions using the following criteria:
1. Degree of the solution's relevance to the theme of the challenge
2. The regional relevance in solving the challenge in 12 fields
3. Coherence of the idea and the feasibility and viability of implementing it
4. Entrepreneurial and innovative potential, with a focus on technological novelty
5. Quality of applicants' leadership experience, profile, achievements, and potential
2. Summary of accomplishments
3. An abstract of the project idea: Within the abstract, describe and detail the following: your idea and problem/opportunity you are addressing, your solution and long-term impact, applied technology for your solution, and your business model
4. A video URL of the project idea
Singularity University is a Silicon Valley-based global tech innovation organization tackling the world’s biggest challenges with a strong alumni community across 120+ countries. SU has launched GICs in scores of countries since the program began in 2010, to help drive solutions for local and global challenges.
Ministry of Science and Technology (MoST)
As the Taiwan government’s dedicated scientific and
technological development agency, MOST is responsible for promoting the
nation’s overall S&T development, supporting academic research, developing
the science parks and bringing academic research another step closer to
industrial needs. MOST’s goal is to boost Taiwan’s academic and industrial
competitiveness at the international level.
Taiwan Tech Arena (TTA)
Taiwan Tech Arena is a tech innovation and entrepreneurship program aiming to connect the whole tech startup ecosystem under one roof.
We partner with technology innovations affiliates around the world such as French Tech Taiwan, Canadian Technology Macerator (CTA) and global accelerators such as SOSV-MOX, SparkLabs Taipei, IAPS and BE Accelerator, and 200+ international startups. Its main mission is to foster tech entrepreneurship, innovation, and build a vibrant international tech startup ecosystem in Taiwan, alongside with VCs, accelerators, corporations, research institutions across APAC region and beyond to make the innovation happen.
Taiwan Tech Arena / Ms. Chia-Yu Chang /
+886-2-25781906 / firstname.lastname@example.org